The Jerusalem American School
Internationally Minded, Uniquely Jerusalem
Advertisement – Multiple Positions
The Jerusalem American School (JAS), established in 1988, is a leading K-12 1100 student school in Beit Hanina, East Jerusalem. The school is embarking on an exciting era of change, driven by best practice in international education.
The Jerusalem American School (JAS) makes education a positive change agent of society. We celebrate identity and unite people, nations and cultures in common purpose towards a better, more peaceful and a more sustainable future.
We seek to realise our highest human potential, by cultivating appreciation for the values, traditions and aspirations of the people of Jerusalem, by embracing the diversity of the world, engaging in a continuous process of spiritual reflection and committing to serving our local, regional and global communities.
Multiple Positions for 2023
JAS invites applications from suitably qualified teachers who are passionate about teaching and learning, who are committed to supporting the students, teachers and parent community of JAS, and to ensuring continuity in the experience of education we offer the diverse and vibrant community we serve. All candidates will be expected to contribute to the JAS Creativity Activity Service (CAS) program. Middle School & High School Math Positions may be part-time to begin with and could develop into full-time positions. Advanced Placement (AP) Experience an advantage.
- Consultants (trainers) in the following topics -:
- Trainers in STEM
- Trainers in Robotics
- 3-D animation
- Graphic Design
- Digital content writing trainer
Teaching- Candidates should :
- Possess Israeli ID
- Possess Israeli MoE recognized academic qualifications
- Possess Higher Diploma of Education / Teaching license .
- Have at least 2 years teaching experience.
- Preferably with MA degree.
- Be dedicated to the social and emotional wellbeing of children
- Be ready to contribute to the JAS CAS program
- Be able to articulate how they can contribute to the mission and educational goal of the school
- A very good command of English is required to work successfully in JAS.
JAS reserves the right to appoint before this deadline should the right candidate(s) emerge.