The Jerusalem American School
Internationally Minded, Uniquely Jerusalem
Advertisement – Multiple Positions
The Jerusalem American School (JAS), established in 1988, is a leading K-12 1100 student school in Beit Hanina, East Jerusalem. The school is embarking on an exciting era of change, driven by best practice in international education.
The Jerusalem American School (JAS) makes education a positive change agent of society. We celebrate identity and unite people, nations and cultures in common purpose towards a better, more peaceful and a more sustainable future.
We seek to realise our highest human potential, by cultivating appreciation for the values, traditions and aspirations of the people of Jerusalem, by embracing the diversity of the world, engaging in a continuous process of spiritual reflection and committing to serving our local, regional and global communities.
Multiple Positions for 2023 /2024
JAS invites applications from suitably qualified teachers who are passionate about teaching and learning, who are committed to supporting the students, teachers and parent community of JAS, and to ensuring continuity in the experience of education we offer the diverse and vibrant community we serve.
Multiple positions: Teaching - High School
· AP Physics teacher
· AP Calculus.
· AP Statistics
Description: Full-time Teacher at Jerusalem American School. Additional science endorsements are considered a plus.
The teacher must have teaching credentials and at least two years of experience certification in Physics. AP Physics , AP Calculus teacher, AP Statistics teacher
Application Procedure: email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Hebrew Language Teacher
We are currently looking for a Hebrew language teacher [מורה לשפה העברית]
Location: Jerusalem American School (JAS), Jerusalem, Beit Hanina
Schedule: Open to part-time or full-time, the schedule will be determined.
Start date: 1 Sept, 2023.
1. Teacher Hebrew language to grades 9-12
2. Teacher Hebrew language to grades 7-8.
- Manages an organized and professional classroom that is conducive to learning and the development of the whole child
- Maintains complete and accurate records of each student’s academic, social, behavior and emotional growth.
- Plans, documents, and carries out daily lessons.
- Follows policies and standards established by the school.
- Maintains the physical environment of the classroom in a clean and organized fashion.
- Maintains close relationships with parents, communicating on a regular basis.
- Participates in the development of curriculum, and assesses its effectiveness in the classroom.
Teaching- Candidates should :
- Possess Israeli ID
- Possess Israeli MoE recognized academic qualifications
- Possess Higher Diploma of Education / Teaching license .
- Have at least 2 years teaching experience.
- Preferably with MA degree.
- Be dedicated to the social and emotional wellbeing of children
- Be able to articulate how they can contribute to the mission and educational goal of the school
- A very good command of English is required to work successfully in JAS.
- Advanced Placement (AP) Experience an advantage.
JAS reserves the right to appoint before this deadline should the right candidate(s) emerge.